Maui meets Web 2.0. Visit a rainforest, plantation and the Polynesian Center or snorkel with the turtles (beginners are welcome). In this daily hands-on bonus session you will learn how to turn your images of paradise into videos, wikis or other Web 2.0 projects to share with the world. Families are welcome. Extra laptops and cameras will be available. Experience project based, inquiry driven instruction, so you can bring it back into your classroom.
Maui 2.0 Website
Maui 2.0 Workshop Wiki
Maui 2.0 sessions are lead by LAUSD’s Warren Dale.
Day 1 (Tuesday)
- 8 – 9 am Two-Way Teaching: How The Two-Way Web Changes Education
- 9 – 10 am Maui 2.0: Participants will use cameras and laptops to develop projects about the history, culture and ocean life of Maui. Tuesday’s objectives, choose teams, choose curricular goals and equipment check out. Prepare for the afternoon’s field trip.
- 1:30 – 5 pm Maui 2.0 Field-trip: Participants travel in their own cars to their destination of their choice and participate in the Maui experience recording their memories with video and still cameras.
Day 2 (Wednesday)
- 8 – 9 am Learning to Network, and Networking to Learn: Beyond The Tools…
- 9 – 10 am Maui 2.0: Hands-on project development. Participants will use laptops to begin the development of their web 2.0 projects.
Day 3 (Thursday)
- 8 – 9 am Search, Learn, Share: Google Tools for Educators
- 9 – 10 am Maui 2.0: Hands-on project development. Participants will continue to develop their web 2.0 projects.
Day 4 (Friday)
- 8 – 9 am On The Horizon: Video Games, Mobile Devices, and More
- 9 – 10 am Maui 2.0: Participants will complete their projects.
- 10 – 10:30 Project Presentations Participants will present their projects to all conference participants