Please pitch in by passing on this press release to traditional media, including major national outlets. See Gary Stager’s original release and list of media here.
(1/23/08 Philadelphia, PA)
First-of-its-kind Educon 2.0 conference to be held in Philadelphia, January 25-27, 2008. Conference organized online by educators seeking to invent the future of public education.
More than 200 educators from 30 states will participate in the unique Educon 2.0 Conference this Friday-Sunday at the Philadelphia Public Schools’ Science and Leadership Academy. The conference will feature 45 presentations and conversations about improving public education and keeping it viable in the digital age. Unlike many discussions of schooling and education reform, Educon 2.0 provides a venue in which practicing educators will shape the future of their profession. Classroom teachers and world-renowned education leaders will travel to Philadelphia at their-own expense to share the Educon 2.0 experience. Educon 2.0 represents a grassroots movement with growing influence.
Conference sessions will be webcast and archived so others may share in the experience, regardless of geography. Web 2.0 tools, including: Wikis, blogs, Twitter, Ning and uStream.tv will be used to keep the conference alive long after the physical conference ends.
Educon 2.0 represents the following opportunities for members of the media:
- Access to leading futurists, authors and education experts
- Examples of innovative classroom practice using computers and the read/write web
- Visit one of the nation’s most innovative and high-tech public school, The Science and Leadership Academy
- Discuss the affordances and constraints of social networking, online collaboration, research and blogging with high school students and their teachers
- Learn how emerging Web technologies are being used to shape the future of teaching and learning
View the complete program and pre-conference discussions at: http://educon20.wikispaces.com/
For more information, contact:
Chris Lehmann, Principal of the Science Leadership Academy
Address: 55 N. 22nd St. Philadelphia, PA 19103