Virtual Learning: 25 Best Sims and Games For the Classroom | College@Home
Here’s a great annotated list of off the shelf games that can be used in various subject areas.
Teaching kids to make video games. – Jun. 6, 2008
This is an article about innovative educators who teach kids to make their own video games. Thanks to Kenneth Shelton for passing it on.
Archive for June, 2008
- Samsung’s Hope for Education Passing this on: “a contest where students from schools nationwide can write a 100-word essay about how technology benefits and helps education. In 2008, the top winner receives a grand prize of over $200,000 worth of Samsung technology.” (tags: funding)
- Top News – McCain, Obama reps discuss education From eSchool news: “Education advisors for presumptive presidential nominees John McCain (R) and Barack Obama (D) outlined the candidates’ stances on key issues June 6, with both emphasizing a larger role for technology in schools.” (tags: politics education edtech)
- Teachers Going to Google :) Home – Teachers Going to Google :) Teachers in the new Google Teacher Academy cohort started this wiki on their own. Cool. (tags: GTA googleined googleteacheracademy)
- Drape’s Takes: Edublogger Etiquette Darren Draper’s collection of posts on edublogger etiquette. While he may not have the answers, and many disagree that there are universal answers, he asks a lot of good questions. (tags: edublogs)
- Google Reader -Mark Wagner’s shared items I haven’t posted links on the blog in a while, but I’ve been sharing via Google Reader – so I thought I’d link to that here. I may switch back, though, so my links show up here and I’m more motivated to annotate them. (tags: googlereader)
- Clark’s Blog In the spirit of Clark’s twitter account (which is how I announced his birth online), Eva has started a blog for Clark. Check it out – I’m enjoying it. Clarkwagner.net redirects here. (tags: andlife clarkwagner)
- Games for Changing the World | 2¢ Worth David Warlick has picked up another serious games post. He summarizes and links to a post about 26 Learning Games to Change the World on Jeff Cobb’s Mission to Learn blog. (tags: edugames seriousgames)